I wanted to have the subject a little contrasty to show the light and dark sides of ones self, but also to give a sense of being engrossed in what he was doing assessing and reflecting on his artwork. The shots that I am happy with are David and his saxaphone this conveys emotion a thinking about life and playing his music. I was thinking today about the different types of artists we have visual, dramatic, musical and wearable artist to name a few and the way that art evokes emotion and meaning, and thought that I will reshoot my alter ego as well as I want to try using more interesting props and design as well as showing a different side of me to use this shot as showing a freedom an escape from reality and an emerging sense of self. Dressing up as a butterfly with a wearable textile art outfit will represent me as being beyond reality. I'll use fairly soft directional lighting for this one to represent freedom and the light that a butterfly basks in. Saxman with saxaphone, can be playing his saxaphone thinking about the realites of life as he plays, the visual artist may be questioning reality and emotions and how best to portray them and the lovely woman with eyes is within reality. I feel a bit better about this concept as it links the pictures together, and is more cohesive. To me this semester has been one big learning curve. Thanks to everyone who has helped me and been so patient with me as I grow and learn.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
More reflections on studio portfolio
More thinking about conceptual ideas in my studio portfolio, have decided to reshoot some more for my own development and practice, so I organised a model today who was a visual artist to be photographed with a drawing in progress I wanted to have him studying it. I metered the main light reflector and background. Main 5.6 at f/160 side f5.6 at 1/16 and background 5.6 at f 13 so my background will be darker hopefully zone 3 background main light zone 5 and side lit more rembrant style lighting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment